Saturday, January 8, 2011

2011 @ The Movies

Hi Terry, Joe, Athena, and Darrell,

I've been trying to think of something that I could regularly write about on the blog, and I think I just may have something.  I saw 11 movies in the theater since Thanksgiving.

They were:
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 -- twice
The Next Three Days
The Tourist
Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Black Swan
True Grit  -- twice
Tron Legacy
How Do You Know
The Fighter
The Warrior's Way
Tangled

Not bad, don't you think?  Harry Potter and Narnia are pretty much par for the course.  Black Swan and True Grit are cinches to make my top ten for the year, while The Tourist and The Warrior's Way could make my ten worst.  The rest are fairly middle of the road.  Tron had good special fx, The Fighter had a good story and a good performance from Christian Bale, and Tangled was a step in the right direction for Disney Animation(not named Pixar).

I don't really want to do a review for all eleven, so I figure I'll start doing reviews for the 2011 releases.  What do you think?  Can I make it 52 straight weeks without missing a movie in the theater?  My plan is to see at least one new release every week for all of 2011.  Sometimes seeing two or three movies, too.  My goal is 100 movies by the end of the year.  Can I do it?  Let me know.

May the Force be with you,
CHUD

PS- First up is Nicolas Cage in Season of the Witch.

No comments:

Post a Comment