Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Lost a night to Civ 5

Hi Terry, Athena, and Joe B,

I played a Civilization 5 for 15 hours last night.  Booya!  Started at about 4 and didn't stop until 8 in the morning.  Just like Snoop Dogg.  Took an hour break for some healthy pizza (buffalo chicken).  So, I felt pretty awesome today.

I had no idea that I had been playing for that long.  I thought it was like 2 or 3 in the morning.  Late, but not that bad.  Damn that Julius Caesar!  He won't trade sugar for fucking anything.  I had a kingdom of a bunch children with a sweet tooth, while he's eating lollipops and cotton candy.  What an asshole, he deserved to be stabbed in the back.  I took my revenge later in the game though, with an airstrike with my stealth bombers against his crossbowman, knights, and Renaissance Aged Rome.  Then my armored infantry and tanks rolled in, and made it a puppet city for the Arabian empire.  Then I drank his milkshake, along with world domination.  Victory!!!!

Staying up this late shouldn't have really come as a surprise to me.  My friend Tom told me this was going to happen, and I should have heeded his advice.  But it was cold out, and I had nothing to do, and no place to go, so let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.  (We only got about an inch.)

It's been a really long time since I pulled an all nighter playing a videogame.  I think the last one was the Final Fantasy 12, so 3 or 4 years ago.  I used to do it all the time when I was younger, but I just don't have the time anymore.  (Sad face.)  Of course, there just doesn't seem to be as many games worth staying up all night for either.

Maybe my interests have changed quite a bit, or I'm just growing up. Instead of losing nights playing games, now I lose them reading books.  I'll start reading at 8 and look at the clock and see it's past midnight more often now, than a playing a videogame.

I think it's my interests have changed.  My favorite books are Harry Potter and scifi/fantasy novels.  Nerd.
 
I was very excited when I got Civ 5 for Christmas.  The only one I owned before was the first Civ, and the last one I played was Civ 3.  It's not that I didn't want 2-4, but I didn't have a nice enough computer to run it.  And I wasn't going to spend $150 on a new videocard, and another $40 for the game.  It's amazing how much this series has changed, and how similar it still is to the very first game.  I picked it up right away and started playing it.  The basic premise is still the same.  You can win by world domination, science, culture, or world peace.  All the commands are the same, or just slightly different.  The small changes are welcome, as they make the game run smoother.  But the graphics, presentation, and number of choices are so much better than the first few.  So, if you like the series, go pick this up and we'll throw a LAN party.  Woohoo!  (Since everybody plays online now, do people still get together for LAN parties?)

May the Force be with you,
CHUD

No comments:

Post a Comment