Monday, February 7, 2011

January Movie Reviews

Hello everyone,

I didn't see as many movies as I was hoping to last month. But, honestly, would you be excited about going to the movies when this is what the studios are offering?

Onto the movies. (I'll give each a rating out of 5 stars)

Season of the Witch - * - I'm sure if you saw the preview you could guess this was bad. It did have a very nice opening battle montage that was completely ripped off from Kurt Russell's Soldier.

The King's Speech - **** - Great story, good acting, but 12 nominations? Good movie, but not that good.

The Dilemma - ** - It's not a good sign when Channing Tatum is the funniest person in the movie. It was way more serious than I was expecting, and Vince Vaughn and Kevin James are not dramatic actors.

The Green Hornet - **1/2 - Seth Rogen and Jay Chou were good onscreen together, and had a very natural chemistry between their characters. However, the stunts were ridiculous (even for a superhero movie), and Christoph Waltz was even more ridiculous.

The Mechanic - ***1/2 - Another solid action movie from Jason Statham. It could have been great if the ending would have been tweaked a little bit. Hopefully they don't go over the top like they did with The Transporter and Crank sequels.

No Strings Attached - 0 - Shit sandwich.

The Rite - **1/2 - Anthony Hopkins kind of mailed it in, but it's still Anthony Hopkins.

That's it for January at the movies. No surprises here. The one's I thought would be bad were bad (Season of the Witch, No Strings Attached), but I did like the Green Hornet was a little bit better than expected. It didn't get the highest rating, but I'd recommend The Mechanic for the best of the month. The King's Speech was really good, but I don't think I'll watch it again any time soon.

May the Force be with you,
CHUD

No comments:

Post a Comment